Friday, February 5, 2016

Design Trend: Shiplap

At the start of each new year there's a lot of chatter about what will the design trends be that year and what will be "out".  One trend I started to see a lot of in 2015 and I think will explode in 2016 is shiplap!  Shiplap is long boards applied to the wall as a decorative paneling.  


And while it's nothing new in the world of construction it is becoming a huge trend in decorating. 
HGTV 

It can be used in a shabby chic/ rustic way or as it's starting to grow in popularity, I'm seeing it replacing wainscoting in transitional and modern decor.

Farmhouse table with lantern and shiplap walls || Studio McGee:
Studio McGee

Mountain Shore:

Markalunas Architecture Group

Not usually a fan of really dark walls, but this slate color works great with the stark white - also love the shiplap wall treatment:

I love it being used as an accent wall.
Little House of Four: Updating the entryway with Sherwin Williams Iron Ore (scheduled via http://www.tailwindapp.com?utm_source=pinterest&utm_medium=twpin&utm_content=post1559883&utm_campaign=scheduler_attribution):

Or as a detail above the mantle.
Gorgeous Fireplace Makeover. I want to put molding around my ugly brick fireplace to update it.:

Is shiplap the new wainscoting?  Probably not but get ready to see it everywhere this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments! If you have a question leave me a comment and I'll be sure to answer or e-mail me at olivelaneinteriors@gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...